Meet Dr. Puntillo
It is truly rewarding to see the significant changes that occur in a patient's self-confidence following orthodontic treatment, and I feel blessed to be able to positively influence the lives of those around me by giving them beautiful smiles. Facial appearances are an important aspect of every person's character and self-esteem. My staff and I know that the treatments we provide have a large impact on our patients' lives and we are committed to meeting the challenges presented to us to produce a high level of care and a positive enhancement for all the patients we serve.
- Bachelor of Science – University of Notre Dame
- Doctor of Dental Surgery – Indiana University School of Dentistry
- Masters of Science in Dentistry – Indiana University School of Dentistry Department of Orthodontics
- Orthodontic Residency – Indiana University School of Dentistry Department of Orthodontics
I attend numerous conferences on an annual basis to assure we can continue to provide our patients with the highest level of orthodontic care. I am also an orthodontic advisory member to the Dental Study Club of Northwest Indiana.
- Member of American Association of Orthodontists
- Member of American Association of Orthodontists, Committee on Information Technology
- Director Great Lakes Association of Orthodontists
- Indiana Association of Orthodontists, Past President
- Director Indiana Association of Orthodontists
- Diplomate, American Board of Orthodontics (Examiner 2011)
- Member of the Ad Hoc Technology Committee for the American Board of Orthodontics 2012
- Member of Edward H. Angle Society of Orthodontists
- Part-Time Faculty Indiana University's School of Dentistry Department of Orthodontics and Oral Facial Genetics
- Member of American Dental Association
- Member of Indiana Dental Association
- Delegate for the Indiana Dental Association
- Northwest Indiana Dental Society, Past President
- Advisory Board Member for the Dental Study Club of Northwest Indiana (Seattle Study Club)
Outside the Office
I am a native of Northwest Indiana and now live here with my wife, Mary Carol, our children, Caroline, Charlie, and Elizabeth, and our Yellow Lab, Jersey. I enjoy attending and participating in my childrens' activities, playing golf, and participating in triathlons. I have recently partnered with the Smiles Change Lives non-profit organization dedicated to helping kids from low-income families receive braces. I also volunteer as a coach for my children's sporting teams and am Director of the Catholic Foundation for the Diocese of Gary.